The MPOAC Institute provides MPO Board members with an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and their understanding of transportation decision-making, including the key role they play in the process. The MPOAC Institute covers a variety of topics and provides MPO Board members with the knowledge and tools necessary to engage in the metropolitan transportation planning process. MPO staff may also find the MPOAC Institute training materials useful for developing their own presentations for a variety of audiences.
The MPOAC Institute topics include:
- Basic Concepts in Transportation Planning
- Sources of Transportation Funding
- Laws and Regulations Affecting MPOs
- MPO Board Responsibilities and Authority
- MPO Products and Processes
- Critical Funding Issues
- Origins of MPOs
- Transportation Jargon & Acronyms
Please enter your user name and password to access the MPOAC Institute modules.